FAVORITE HOLIDAY SIDE DISH - Green Bean & Artichoke Casserole
Hey guys! I created this recipe way back when, pretty much when we first became vegan. Green Bean & Artichoke Casserole is a traditional dish down here in the south and it's really common during the holiday season.
Those of you who have been following us from the beginning already have this recipe and have been making it repeatedly for your families (which we LOVE!).
But....for you guys who have only recently found us, you might not have ever seen this deliciousness before! So in honor of the holiday season, and because so many people have been asking for ideas of what to make for their vegan Thanksgiving, we thought we'd share it here on the blog so you can have it in a safe place and always come back to it!
Also, please "Like" and "Share" this so all of your friends can have a cruelty-free ThanksLIVING too! :)
Green Bean & Artichoke Casserole
4 x 14.5 oz. cans French cut green beans, drained and rinsed
24 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1.5 cups Daiya mozzarella style shreds
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
4 slices Ezekial sprouted grain bread, toasted and food processed into breadcrumbs (alternatively, you could also use a gluten-free bread or vegan breadcrumbs)
4 cloves garlic, minced
10 dashes Chalula chili garlic hot sauce
1.5 capfuls Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning
4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Drain, rinse, and chop ingredients as needed to prepare.
- Toast your 2 slices of Ezekial bread and let cool. Then pulse in a food processor to create breadcrumbs.
- Add green beans, artichokes, 'cheese', nutritional yeast, garlic, seasonings, hot sauce, and breadcrumbs to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the mixture into the dish and distribute evenly. Drizzle melted coconut oil over the top and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve hot and delicious! (but leftovers also taste great cold!)
And you can watch Zea & I making this dish if you like a live demo! :)
DON'T FORGET to SHARE with your friends!! <3 The Animals Thank You! :)
Join our 'VegUp Insiders Club' for actionable, valuable, and simplified tips on vegan lifestyle, plant based nutrition, training, and mindset strategies you can use right now.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.