How To Make Easy Vegan Caramel
I don't know about you, but I haven't been able to find a vegan caramel sauce anywhere!
It's crazy! Why does everything have to have dairy in it? Well, it doesn't...so here's the easy way to make your own vegan caramel sauce.
All you need to do is combine about equal parts of coconut cream and sugar on a constant boil until you get caramel, and then add a little flavor! Here's an official recipe to follow, and you can see from this delicious picture how yummy this caramel is! (You can get the recipe for these little gooey balls of goodness here: Samoa Truffles!)
- 1 can coconut cream (refrigerated and use the thickest part, drain off any liquid - Trader Joe's is the best IMO)
- 1+1/3 cups natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add coconut cream and cane sugar to a saucepan over medium-low heat. It should work up to a rolling boil, but not boil over. You will need to stir consistently throughout the process. This should take about 20 minutes to reach desired consistency. ***REMEMBER: The caramel sauce will thicken as it cools, so stop cooking when the sauce is still runnier than you want it. (It should reduce to about half the volume)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt.
NOTE: You can also use coconut sugar, but your caramel will be darker in color and the taste is different. :)
That's IT!!! Now enjoy this caramel on your nice cream, dip some apples in it...whatever!
(Ths recipe is clearly a "treat" food. If you want to get ALL of our recipes, including those designed for fueling your fit & trim alpha bod, then sign up for our Evolving Alpha Nutrition & Recipes Site!)
Join our 'VegUp Insiders Club' for actionable, valuable, and simplified tips on vegan lifestyle, plant based nutrition, training, and mindset strategies you can use right now.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.